Next destination, the ancient city of Delphi in which operated the most important oracle of the ancient Greek world. The city is referred by the Homeric times called Pytho.
The scenery that you will see until you reach your final destination will delight you.. Green fir-covered slopes compose a landscape that causes tranquility and relaxation. Delphi is known as the "navel of the earth" is the point which was founded and flourished one of the most important religious center of antiquity.
Some of the points of interest:
1) The Castalia Krini: In this sacred fount washed Pythia, the priests and staff of the church.
2) The Athena Pronaia Dome: The Dome attracts the gaze and interest of all who look closely at the sanctuary of Athena Pronaia.
3) The Temple of Apollo: The most important monument in the archaeological site of Delphi, the Temple of Apollo is dominated in the center, while the interior was decorated with statues and offerings to the god.
4) The Sacred Way: Is the path where each time they visited Delphi those who were addressed to the oracle to ask a prophecy so they get priority for oracles of Pythia.
5) The Ancient Stadium of Delphi and the Ancient Theater: One of the best preserved archaeological sites. The ancient stadium of Delphi is located at the highest point above the sanctuary of Apollo. Here, centuries before thousands of spectators attended sporting events.
In the ancient theater of Delphi in ancient times there were held instrumental music and voice matches as part of Pythian and several other religious celebrations.
6) The Archaeological Museum of Delphi: It is undoubtedly one of the most important museums in Greece. Here, is presented in the best way the history of the Delphic Sanctuary and the famous Οracle, through a rich collection of sculptures, statues etc.
After the visit to the archaeological sites you can visit the City of Delphi and enjoy local delicacies. After your visit, return to the departure point in your private vehicle.
If you’re interested in the fascinating long history of Greece and the everyday living of an Athenian, this is a tour you cannot miss..
The excursion begins with the visit of Acropolis where you will see the Parthenon, the temple on the top of the sacred rock devoted to Goddess Athena (Goddess of wisdom), the Propylae the monumental entrance to the Acropolis hill and the small temple Athena Nike, which stands on a protruding mass of rock, protecting the gate to the citade and of course the Parthenon and Erechtheion with its porch of Maidens (1,5 hours).
Furthemore you will visit the museum of the Acropolis which was built recently and you will see every object that has been found on the Sacred Rock of the Acropolis (1,5 hours).
Continue with a visit at the district of Plaka-Monastiraki, one of the oldest districts of Athens and one of the oldest bazaars, the famous Giousouroum. Enjoy strolling around this characteristic area, have a coffee at the rooftop cafes with the great view of Acropolis, walk around the bazaar and the cobbled streets.
Final stop at Syntagma Square, which is the central square of Athens. You can watch the change of the guard at the monument of the Unknown Soldier, the Presidential Guard and the Greek Parliament which is behind the square and go for shopping at the famous Ermou str (approximately 1 hour).